Thursday, February 5, 2009

Crochet And Feel Good

Once I had finished this small duo, I did feel good!
A plea came from a crochet friend to help a 3 year old little boy named Aaron, who has cancer. We were told of his favourite colours, which were green and yellow, we were also asked for a 12 inch square to go into the making of an afghan for Aaron. Of course this was all voluntary. I had been wanting to make a mitered square and I also find this type of square eye catching. I also thought if he likes green, he probably likes frogs, so I made him a frog hat too. I used my pattern for the floppy brimmed boys army hat, I did not have a size 3. Using the size 2 as a guide, I just went up a half a hook size and added an extra round of increase. I left off the brim and made a band around the hat that can be folded or unfolded, I thought this would cover any difference in sizing, not knowing the size of Aarons head.
Once I had completed this little project for Aaron, I did feel good about myself knowing this was going to a good cause.



9 comments:

tisme said...

That is just a darling hat! I am sure he will love it.
Doesn`t it make you feel so good to make something with your heart for a complete stranger.
Tammy

Therese said...

Love the hat it is so cute. I also like the square you made. I'm sure he will love what you have done.
Good job.
Therese

CindyCrochets said...

The blanket is adorable but the hat is beyond adorable!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Tisme, that is so true.

Therese, thank you.

Cindycrochets, thank you, to you too.

Sherryknit said...

SOOOOOOO CUTE!!!!!
Your such a nice girl. Way to go Cat!!!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Sherryknit, thank you, I'm trying to be a good girl, so being nice may help. LOL.

Cheryl said...

The hat is so precious. I'msure he will treasure it. You are so kind and giving to do both of those for him.
Cheryl

how to crochet said...

Its really fantastic stuff....

how to crochet

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Cheryl, thank you so much.

How to crochet, thank you to you too!