Friday, January 9, 2009

So slow on the crochet lately

I've been very slow crocheting lately, it has taken me for what it seem's like for ever to finish these two items off.



And here is another poncho, the same as the one I made here.



Well I can blame it on the concussion I had just prior to christmas, or I can blame it on being busy with christmas and I could also blame it on this latest injury, which now has the stitches removed and it is almost healed.



But what ever it may be, I miss it. My finger nails have happened to grow very long lately and when I picked up the hook to finish these items off, it was difficult to manipulate long finger nails with the crochet hook and sewing needle. So now I am facing the dilemma of trimming back all of my nicely grown finger nails.
Here is a picture of my little pinky.

Nice nails or nice speedy crochet?

7 comments:

Momwithahook said...

Yikes, that's a serious cut. Hope you heal quickly and take some pain killers it looks like it hurts.

the poncho looks nice.

Sherryknit said...

Hey Cat

OUCH!!!! That looks like it hurt.
I love long finger nails but it seems like you can't do much with them ( like cleaning and CROCHETING)
I hope you are fast healer. Hopefully your doctor gave you antibiotics.

I have been slow on crocheting and knitting too. I have sOOOOOOOOO many projects to do. BUT LIFE happens and we get sidetracked. I miss playing with my yarn.

I hope your well.
I love both of your projects. SO cute.

LOL
sherry

crochet_carol said...

OH Cat,
Hope that heals well and crocheting gets back on track.
Your nails are beautiful but I do prefer crocheting lol. Hope all gets better soon, I love your site. Hugs and best Wishes,Carol

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Momwithahook, nice to see you, it is healing very well, looks much better than the photo now.

Sherryknit, how is the new job? i bet you are busy with that too.

crochet_carol, yes crochet will come out on top in the end I'm happy to say, snip, snip today, LOL.

Le-Chat said...

I used to knit with such long finger nails, but when I switched to crochet they had to go!

Miss Rowley said...

You have a great site here. I love how creative you are. You have so many geat unique ideas and helpful articles. I will have to try some of them sometime.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

LeChat, yes the nails had to go, crochet comes first. LOL.

Miss Rowley, thank you for your very nice commnets about my blog.
Cheers Cat.