Saturday, January 3, 2009

Amazing how this crochet design really works out.

If you can make a granny square, you can certainly make one of these, you just need an extra 2 corners for the hexagon shape.


Starting out with one hexagon shape.




Then a second hexagon shape.



Then fold them together and you have a baby cardigan! This is not actually finished I need to add the collar, cuffs and the borders. I just couldn't wait to share it with you all.

I now have a collar, cuff's and the border. I love how the designer designed the collar, but I had to change the cuffs and border, due to the different size yarn I was using. I just have to sew on the buttons.

This is from the original pattern designer I found at this site.

I have made one of these before, but in a different design from a different designer, you can view that one here with the link to the free pattern. It's the pink and white one.

Okay, here it is finally finished.

14 comments:

Ms Sharon Marie said...

That is a beautiful sweater.

Zuleika said...

That is so cool! I love how it's made. :-)

Teresa said...

Love it, tfs.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Ms Sharon Marie, thank you I'm hoping it will be much nicer once finished.

Zuleika, I love how it works out too!

Teresa, no worries, I love sharing.

Iggle Piggle (aka Jacqui) said...

Wow that's great Cat!
I would never have thought to make a baby cardigan like that. I love it and must try it, seems easy enough.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks Iggle, I'll certainly look out for your one.

Cozy's Corner said...

Thanks so much for showing me what you did with my pattern. I am glad that you liked it.

Let's Go Yarning said...

Hi Cat I'm trying to do the cozy corner baby sweater .I'm having a promblem getting it shape like a L shape it shapes like a bommer ring.Can you are someone tell me what I'm doing wrong. I have no promblem with Bev baby sweater only Cozy corners baby sweater.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Let's Go Yarning, I'm sure once you have sewn it up it will all fall into shape. Good luck with it.

CyndyW said...

Can these be made into an adult size just by making the hexagon bigger? Anyone tried it yet? Just thinking it would be a quick and easy gift for someone in a wheelchair.
CyndyW

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Hi Cyndy, I did make one for my self, here is the link..
http://cats-rockin-crochet.blogspot.com/2010/08/my-hexagon-jacket.html

Ursalina said...

I had the boomer rang problem as well. It was because I was making a 5 sided shape instead of a 6 sided shape. Count your first rnd make sure you have 6 groups of 3 dc.

Marny said...

It's a good thing that I saw your Comment and came to look at your sweater!!

I would have gone nuts thinking something was very wrong with the way I crochet. (not very well, except for sc ripple chevron afghans)

Thank you VERY much for your pictorial -- you are a sweetheart!

Cathy Wood said...

thank you Marny, a picture can really tell a story :)