Sunday, September 29, 2013

deramores yarn haul

Saving $'s and building up yarn stock.

deramores is a yarn supplier located in the UK and I recently purchased yarn from them.
I live in Australia and our yarn prices are fairly high unless you find a really good sale.

A very big factor me was the postage cost, but if you purchased over $100 of yarn in one order shipping is free!

Knowing this I had fun choosing from their very extensive range of yarn types and labels.

Cant wait and want the link? here it is.

My first package arrived within 2 weeks
This was my selection.
I realized I had ordered barely any primary colors, so I placed another order which came in less than 2 weeks.
The deal with buying 10 of the same color and brand was buy 10 and pay for 9.
I also had a special code to enter for further savings.
The yarn I have purchased through out the year is stored in another room of the house and in plastic bags from sheet and doona cover sets, these zip up and are quite roomy, plus being clear I can see every skein clearly.

  My older stash is kept in my craft room, this stash was built up over time by buying from second hand shops, markets, gifted and special discounts.
But I smoke in this room too so the yarn smells of smoke and I have to wash it carefully when I make something from it, so that was a valuable lesson learned.
 In future any yarn stored here in my craft will be packed in zip lock bags, which I also use when crocheting from the skein.

Another lesson learned was that I could never make larger items as my supply was mixed ply's and texture.
I am able to sell some of my hand crocheted items, so they must look professional and not smell of a tobacco factory.

Cheers all and I hope you enjoyed the reading.