Saturday, November 1, 2008

Linda's Woodland Shawl Finished

Well the pattern has a flowered border and she could not get the pattern right, she thought it was because she was a lefty and she thought I may have better luck with it, so she sent me the yarn for the flowers and the pattern too.
Well I had no luck with the pattern either!
So I improvised, the pattern calls for the flowers to be crocheted onto the border, so I just made a long chain of the flowers seperately, then sewed them onto the edge where they belong.

And here she is. What a beauty!

Once again, thank you Linda, no more cold shoulders. Oh one more thing, I ran out of yarn on the last stitch of the last flower! How was that!


Sherryknit said...

I love the flowers. Very pretty.I think edgeings make a project just come to life. Very Cool.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Yes I agree, re the flowers.

happypeacock said...

JUST enough yarn!! The crochet gods were smiling on you!!!!!!!!!!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Happypeacock, lovely to see you here. Yes the gods sure were smiling on me!