Sunday, August 3, 2008

Crochet Lovers Victoria Australia. Group


Crochet Lovers. Victoria Australia, is a group created by Stramenda within Ravelry about 2 weeks ago.

I've been a member of ravelry since earlier on this year and have had little conversation with groups or members.

Stramenda did a little research within ravelry and invited residents of Victoria to join the group. I believe I was one of the first 10 to join and then followed by many others.

It was exciting to see the group grow and getting in on the ground level, gave me the chance to really see who was around and with in no time I was hooked.

But the most exciting thing was a planned meet up.

This happened today, it was a round trip of about 180 km's for me, but it sure was worth it.

Not only did I get to meet other people who enjoyed the art of crochet, but they were all so nice. Each one was accomplished in different fields of crochet, weaving and knitting, with the common interest of love for CROCHET!


As most of the group have children, the meet was held in a play centre for children and as the children played we had show and tell.

I had a lovely time and I'd love to do it again.

Thanks Ladies.