Thursday, March 13, 2008

Lining my bags.

Okay here are some bags I've lined in the past week. A couple of them have been hanging around for a while waiting to be finished. I'm not the best at sewing, but I'll give it a go.


The first bag is made from that carpet yarn I had in the box.


(I've still got acre's of it left, yes acre's, it sounds more than miles/km's and it seems like that too)


I added some pretty fluffly yarn to bring out the beauty of the carpet yarn.


Some cotton flowers to boot.


I also added a zip (sewing again)


And I added a handle I bought , yes one handle, I never thought to buy two of them, now I know better. Oh well, it's a light little purse so the single handle will be suffice.


And last but not least the lining, I tried to sew the sides of the lining with the sewing machine, but the material didn't grab under the machine needle too well, so I hand sewed the lot. It's sort of a silky jersey material, the print is lovely and changes colours.








Now do you remember the dress bag?
Here it is lined too.


Here is another bag lined.

I was playing around with granny squares and after I had made a few from different patterns, I wondered what I could do with them.
I came across this pattern for a bag and I used the diagram to piece the bag together.
I haven't put handles on the bag as yet, as I ran out of the pink yarn.


Now here are some very good tutorials for bag lining.
Both are very good tutorials.