Thursday, August 7, 2008

A visit from the grandkids

I had a lovely visit from my grandsons tonight, it gave me the opportunity to try the pink pussy hat on for size, I chased Cooper (2 yrs) around to get him to try it on, but he would not have a bar of it, so I picked on Brady (5 mths) it was a little too big for him so I would say the hat would fit a 4 to 5 yr old.

Cooper is wearing the first spiderman hat I made, this one does not even fit Pa, it is way too big, but Cooper likes to wear it over his face and crawl around on all fours being spiderman. If you look close you will see he has also put on Nanny's out door thongs (flip flops). Trying to fit into my shoes already.
My daughter (Cristy) brought me over this jar and asked if I might be able to use it, my other daughter (Danielle) said "what more clutter", I had an idea immediately.
I've been saving my scrap yarn for months to felt and roll into balls and then into a necklace, I really stuffed them into the jar and I think the effect looks great.
You can also roll newspaper into the balls for a necklace too.