Thursday, December 11, 2008

Quick Child's Poncho and Hat Set

First of all this is not one of my own patterns it came from this site. I would say it is a beginner to intermediate pattern. I was looking for something quick to make and this is quick.
At this stage I had used a 50 gm ball of yarn.


At this stage I had used another 50gm ball of yarn.

The completed set used just over 200gm's of yarn.


I think it looks very pretty in the pink shades I have used, it is actually from the same ball of yarn, it was a strand each of pink and white and about an 8 ply, the yarn was a bit of a pain to work with, but the end result makes up for that. I used a 6mm hook for the poncho, changed to a 5mm hook for the sleeve edging and a 4mm hook for the hat and flowers. I just made up the pattern for the flowers, but there is a flower pattern that comes with this pattern.