Thursday, September 18, 2008

Rag Crochet with Flat Sheets Back On the Menu!

Some time's when you are feeling very low and upset it helps to get your mind off the bad things by re-visiting your favourite things.
Rag Crochet of late is one of those favourite things. I was flipping through some old crochet pattern books and happened to open one that was "crochet with fleece" when I found it! A no join method for flat sheets! What? I thought you could only do that with doona covers or when you had taken the time to sew up the sheet like a doona cover. In fact I have already tried it and it is twice as fast as using the doona covers, there is no prep work with sheets, they are flat and the majority do not have the thick edging that some times is a cause for a loss of valuable re-useable product.


The sheets are cheaper to buy second hand than the doona covers too!


Below is an image of the long and slow process of joining rag strips.


Below here, is an image of how to no join a flat piece af material.
The super speedy method.



Link to other no joining method.

Special thanks to Purple who put me on my road to the discovery of rag crochet.