Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cat’s One Piece Wonder, Baby Sweater/Cardigan 0 to 3 months



 Cat’s One Piece Wonder, Baby Sweater/Cardigan


Front View 
One piece sweater

Sleeve length from collar to cuff, approx 8 inches, body length from collar to bottom edge approx 9 inches. note: garment will have some stretch depending on the yarn
 Back View

See notes at bottom of page for this pretty one
Free pattern, one piece sweater 3 to 6 months

My sweet grand daughter wearing the above one piece sweater, she is 2 weeks old and her name is Cindy.


Free Pattern, Matching One Piece Diaper Cover Found Here

Free pattern, matching one piece wonder booties, here


Introduction:  This sweater/cardigan is worked in one piece beginning at the right front side, then a sleeve, then the back, then another sleeve, then the left front which is made slightly wider than the right, this is for the over flap to button the sweater/cardigan. Then the sides and sleeves are joined, followed by a collar which brings it all in. The sweater/cardigan is reversible if you refer to button up on the opposite side.


The sleeve cuffs are included in the making of the sleeve.

The pattern is quite repetitive so you will get the hang of it in no time, it may be easier to count the dc rows of each panel, right front has 8 panels, sleeves have 17 panels, back has 17 panels, left front has 10 panels.


To fit: newborn to 3 months (larger sized pattern to come at a later date, now available one piece sweater size 3 to 6 months)
Hook size: 4.00mm. US G/6
Yarn: 8 ply, approx 150 gm’s. US DK/Medium
US crochet terms used
Crochet tension, medium
Skill, beginner
Time frame, either side of 6 hours

Stitches used:
Ch= chain
Sc= single crochet
Dc= double crochet
BL= back loop 

Sc 2 together= insert hook into first sc, pull up a loop, insert hook into second sc, pull up a loop,( 2 loops on hook) yarn over hook and pull through the 2 loops on hook. 

Special Instructions:
Unless working into a chain, every stitch in this pattern is worked into the back loop of every stitch
The chain 3 to turn is the first dc of every row worked
When working into the chain 3 go into the second chain and not the top of the chain 3, this gives a nice firm bottom edging

To begin ch 41
Remember to work in the back loop of every st unless it is a ch st.

Right Front:

Row 1. Work 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next 8 ch, 1 dc in each ch to end (9 sc, 31 dc = 40 st’s) ch 3 and turn (ch 3 is the 1st st of the next row and through out pattern)

Row 2. 1 dc in next 30 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 3. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 31 dc, ch 3 and turn

Row 4. 1 dc in next 30 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Rows 5 to 8. Repeat rows 3 & 4 twice DO NOT BREAK OFF YARN

Right Sleeve:

Row 1. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 7 dc, ch 19, turn

Row 2. 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next 3 ch, 1 dc in next 14 ch, 1 dc in next 7 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, (4 sc (cuff), 21 dc, 9 sc, = 34 st’s), ch 1 and turn

Row 3. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 4 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 4. 1 sc in next 4 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 5. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 4 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 6. 1 sc in next 4 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Rows 7 to 18. Repeat rows 5 and 6, DO NOT BREAK OFF YARN


Back:

Row 1. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 7 dc, ch 26, turn

Row 2. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in next 22 ch, 1 dc in next 7 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc ( 31 dc and 9 sc) ch 1 and turn

Row 3. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 31 dc, ch 3 and turn

Row 4. 1 dc in next 30 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 5. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 31 dc, ch 3 and turn

Row 6. 1 dc in next 30 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 7 to 18. Repeat rows 5 and 6, DO NOT BREAK OFF YARN




Left sleeve: (is a repeat of right sleeve)

Row 1. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 7 dc, ch 19, turn

Row 2. 1 sc in 2nd ch from hook, 1 sc in next 3 ch, 1 dc in next 14 ch, 1 dc in next 7 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, (4 sc (cuff), 21 dc, 9 sc, = 34 st’s), ch 1 and turn

Row 3. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 4 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 4. 1 sc in next 4 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 5. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 4 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 6. 1 sc in next 4 sc, 1 dc in next 21 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Rows 7 to 18. Repeat rows 5 and 6 DO NOT BREAK OFF YARN

Left Front:

Row 1. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 7 dc, ch 26, turn

Row 2. 1 dc in 4th ch from hook, 1 dc in next 22 ch, 1 dc in next 7 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc ( 31 dc and 9 sc) ch 1 and turn

Row 3. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 31 dc, ch 3 and turn

Row 4. 1 dc in next 30 dc, 1 sc in next 9 sc, ch 1 and turn

Row 5. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 dc in next 31 dc, ch 3 and turn

Row 6 to 11. repeat rows 4 and 5, do not ch 3, now you can break off the yarn.


Putting it together:
Turn your one piece sweater, inside out, line up the back and side from the bottom, you can sc them together or a simple whip st, I did mine the sc way, make sure each st is matched up and secure them together all the way up to the cuff, repeat for the other side.


The collar: By this stage you will notice that the collar is too wide, so we have to pick up and crochet st’s around the collar.
You may see a few yarn joins in the pictures, but that is only because I was using recycled yarn from a jumper I frogged, a beautiful soft woolen jumper.

Row 1.Begin in the top corner of the right front, join yarn with a sl st and make 1 sc in same place, 1 sc in the next space, skip 1 space, 1 sc in next, all the way around, you will have approx 38 sc, ch 1 and turn ( no need for perfection here a st or 2 out will be fine)

 (this picture below, just shows the skipped space)

Row 2. *1 sc in next 2 sc, sc next 2 sc together (decrease made), 1 sc in next 2 sc, * repeat from *to* to end, finish off.

You may like to make the collar a row or 2 longer, you can do this with out decreasing.

Now if you haven’t already, get out that needle and sew in loose ends, add buttons to right front, as many that suits you.
Now you can be a little fancy and add some nice picot edging around the sleeves or collar, add a flower or even make it in a two tone color.


Note the spacing at the top of the front edge's where I have placed a button each side, this is the style of the sweater and I have added the 2 buttons for simple decoration.

Good luck with your one piece sweater, I’d love to hear your feed back.
Please do not sell this pattern, please link back to me if you use this pattern, I’d love to see this used for charity, and you can make and sell items from this pattern too.


Below, made by Tina Soren, just lovely.

Cat's matching  one piece bootie pattern

Matching one piece diaper pattern

Wow, check this video tutorial out, thanks to Clare Sullivan a fellow Aussie that I met through face book. This must have been so time consuming and I really appreciate Clares time and wonderful comments.



Below is a demonstration of how this pattern can be quite versatile, my first choice was to go for a 2 tone color combo
I made 8 sc of the cream then 1sc of the pink so I would not have to change the colors on a sc to a dc, thus hiding the color change as much as I could.

I added 2 rows of sc to the cuff after finishing the one piece

I made an extra hdc row then a sc row on the very last panel ( left side)

Here it is before sewing in loose ends, I have lot's of joins as this is from recycled yarn.

This is the size difference between the 0 to 3 month pattern and the 3 to 6 month pattern one piece sweater



Please visit this page for a larger size, 18 month old.
 QUOTE:
It’s taken me a wee while to complete this version of Cat’s One Piece Wonder baby cardigan in a larger size for my 18 month old daughter.
Basically, I took the measurements off the baby one I made earlier, then increased the number of stitches to match up roughly with one of her current cardigans. Here’s my daughter modelling her new cardigan:


Mugdawan Hardy‎ 

"Thank you for your free pattern. I used it to crochet these sweaters and sent them out to a hospital in memory of my granddaughter."

From Annie
A few more from ravelry users.

AkLady's


ChloeNY's

Myhobbyiscrochet's

 

jaye-yarns' A.N.


Free Pattern Courtesy Of Cat Wood

You can sell your items made from this free crochet pattern
I’d love to see this pattern used for charity use
Please link back to this pattern if you use it

Google

115 comments:

GotYarn said...

LOVE IT !!! You did us proud Cat. Thanks for sharing too.

shelli

Bri's Bits said...

absolutely love love love this pattern, ty so much for sharing. I know I never comment here, but I always watch your blog and I always love what you post, I really enjoy reading what you have to say and share. Ty so much for always having such wonderful projects.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks so much Shelli :)

aystalaa craftshop said...

wow..it's awesome
thanks for sharing
i'd like to make it too

Gillian said...

Such a cute little jacket!
Thank you for the tutorial, would love to have a go at this one day soon :)

Anonymous said...

thnaks for a great pattern, made one yesterday turned out lovely, will make lots more from this pattern, look forward to a larger size,

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I'm very pleased you all like it, would love to see a picture from anonymous :) Thank you...

Neicee said...

Love this! Adorable!

Crochet dude said...

really cute i have try it

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you Neicee and the Dude :)

IzaaFaisal said...

looovvveeeeee it, cant wait to make it for my little girl on the way, thanks alot for sharing, cheers

kateej said...

Thank you. I was searching for another project thru youtube, and came across this great pattern. Beginning it tonight. I will post when completed.

Anonymous said...

I love your work, I'm starting in this
and I would like it to my niece for a year and a half but you only have measurements up to 6 months would do? thanks for your answer greetings from peru blessings

cats-rockin-crochet said...

IzaaFaisal, Kattej, anonymous, thank you all, I'm wondering if you could try the 6 month size with a larger hook and thicker yarn, it may work for a 1.5 year old :)

Anonymous said...

OMG this looks great can't wait to try it

kinga.erdem said...

Hallo! Thank you for your wonderfull pattent. I made 2 of it. one for 0-3 months and the other for 3-6 months baby. How can i send you fotos of it?

kinga.erdem said...

thank you for your wonderfull pattent. i made 2 sweater, one small for 0-3 months old baby and one for 3-6 montht old baby. how can i send you fotos of them?

cats-rockin-crochet said...

kinga.erdem, oh lovely! can you post them on face book? I have a link to my page on the top left of my blog :)

Arlette said...

Thank you so much for this amazing pattern. I made one and have a picture on my blog. I'm making several more to donate to a local children's hospital. Thank you for sharing your amazing talents!

kinga.erdem said...

Hi, i have post the fotos on facebook. i will make more sweater, i love the pattern.:)

Denise said...

I will be trying to do this sweater... Is one ball of yarn enough?? will try to send pictures as soon as I am done!! Thankyou for sharing!!!! It is lovely!!!
Denise from México.

vicky said...

that is so awsome to bad they dont have one like it for adults .am gonna try this thanks Cat

JOYce said...

PLEASE provide directions for larger sizes . . . . 24 months-size 2 and 3 would be wonderful. I'm a beginner and this pattern makes sense to me . . . . kind of! I'm SO anxious to try it as I've been waiting for a CUTE, beginner cardigan for my granddaughter! Thanks!

pattas said...

This is a wonderful pattern, thankyou for sharing the pattern..:))

grammi said...

Thanks so much for sharing your pattern. I agree with the others, that it would be wonderful if you could make the pattern into larger sizes. You're one talented lady!!!!!

Thanks again for sharing the pattern.

Jeanne said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern! I was looking for an easy pattern for my 17 and 18 month old grandaughters. This one provided not only the ease of work but also the ease of enlarging. All the sections are clearly defined which made lengthening and widening a no brainer. I plan on making coordinating bottoms...well...that's the plan anyway.

Denise said...

I made mine in 5 hours!!! Loved the pattern, I really want to thank you... It came out to be a little larger than I expected, bit definilely loved it... I want to send you a picture!!

THANKYOU!!
Denise from Mexico!!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you all! Making this sweater in a larger size is a possibility, but it does loose it nice shape around the collar when making it larger, so far I have not come up with a plan to over come this. Denise you can send me the picture via my email.. cathy.e.wood@gmail.com I would love to see it :)

NitaLudke said...

I made this in black to go with a white dress my daughter planned to have my granddaughter wear at a wedding when she's 4 weeks old. Unfortunately, I made it with the G hook - but knitting worsted weight yarn and it is WAY too big for her right now. She will definitely grow into it. You need to put a gauge on this so we don't use the wrong type of yarn.

BUT, for those looking for a larger size - do what I did. It's very cute and worked up VERY easily. Thank you for sharing.

As far as some of you having problems with so many pages, just print the pages you have to have - not all of them and save a tree.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I appreciate the feed back, the pattern calls for a thinner ply yarn and that would be where you ended up with a larger size.. I am not sure how to work out a gauge as yet, but the pattern is for free which makes up for that, I hope you have the time to make another one with the thinner ply :)

Anonymous said...

clarams@bresnan.net ask question?
You use 8 ply yarn. How does that compare to Red Heart or Coats & Clark 4 ply yarn?

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I would say those ply's are much the same as our AU 8 ply :)Cheers...

Anonymous said...

Just lovely! I was wondering if there is a way to make the sleeves a little slimmer though?

cats-rockin-crochet said...

yes you could either do a hdc on 2 rows of the sleeve's or leave out 2 rows of the sleeve's, it just depends how much smaller you want them. cheers Cat :)

Anonymous said...

would love to see pattern for bigger one.litimple

Linda said...

I love this pattern. I started it this evening and would have been done with it had my 4 month old Papillion puppy not pulled several rows out before I could catch her. Lol I've never followed such an easy pattern. I plan to make several more to put away for my grandchildren to have for any little baby girls they may have. I have two great grandchildren now, but they are boys. I'm going to see if I can make a boy sweater by changing up the sleeves and switching the buttonholes to the other side. Is there a pattern for the pants too? I didn't see it, but I may have overlooked it. Thank you for a great pattern, looking forward to more from you.

ymeador said...

I don't normally post online, butttttttt, I have to say thank you for sharing this awesome pattern with all of us!!! I love making baby items but tend to get bored and burnt out if a project ends up taking a long time or I just lose interest, but your sweater pattern went fast and was totally enjoyable to make!!! My first one that I just finished is going to my soon to be here in Dec. great niece.

Thank you again:)
Yvette

Linda said...

I not only finished the sweater, but I made the booties to match. Then I found a hat pattern and used a pattern i already had for some pants and now I have an adorable outfit for a baby girl. I still need to add the buttons, but otherwise it's all done. Now I am making another set. I really love the sweater and booties patterns. It is so quick and easy to make. My grandkids wants me to make various baby things for their future babies. So I am putting them away so they will have something handmade from me. Thank you soo much for sharing the pattern with all of us.

Anonymous said...

LOVE this pattern. Thanks so much for posting. It was so easy and quick. Finished it in one night! Giving it to my friend who is pregnant :)

Go Marti Go said...

This pattern is AMAZING! My first attempt at clothing-- I normaly make toys to sell on etsy. If it's alright with you, I would like to sell the finished product, including a link to your blog and pattern in the listing and a note with the sold item. (I've made one for my bun-in-the-oven too!)

My etsy shop is www.cuteasabuttontoys.etsy.com

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you all :) Marty I always include this message on my patterns, cheers Cat :) Please do not sell this pattern, please link back to me if you use this pattern, I’d love to see this used for charity, and you can make and sell items from this pattern too.

Josana said...

Hi!
Thank you for the photos.
I made one for my little niece. However, I followed the pattern from another blog. After that I found you and I posted an update.
Give a look there, please, if my link to your blog is ok.
Sorry by my English!
Josana: http://ponto-a-ponto-e-pronto.blogspot.com/2011/08/casaquinho-para-bebe-em-croche.html

Grampat43 said...

THANK YOU!! I have been looking for this pattern for a couple of years. Many (over 20) years ago I got this pattern from Super Yarn Mart (the one I went to was in Hayward, CA) and have made many of these over the years. Sometimes I try to make some ahead of the need so when a new baby arrives I can give Mommy and baby a sweater right away. Of course, here in Sacramento Valley we don't need sweaters in the summer but they really are quick and fairly easy to make or use.
Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I really like this pattern. Why couldn't I copy off the directions?

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you all so much for your feed back :) you can copy and paste the written directions to a word document, you can also down load the photo's, cheers Cat....

Nancy said...

For conversion of 8 ply to US it is LIGHT size 3 on yarn wrapper. here is a link to view conversions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yarn_weight
Cat, thank you for the awesome patten, I've got to try it.

Anonymous said...

I really love this one piece wonder pattern but I could print it off. How do I do that?

cats-rockin-crochet said...

you can copy and paste the written directions to a word document, you can also down load the photo's, cheers Cat....

Rosaliz said...

I love it just got done and will for sure be posting after i do the booties Thanks i LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

I have only been crocheting for 2 weeks and have done quite a few items already, I came across your pattern and thought I would give the nappy cover a try - I adore it! Your instructions are very easy to follow and understand so Im now going to start the sweater to match.
Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

just a test here to see if my comments are even getting posted before i continue to write short essays which don't appear to be showing up??

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Just finished the sweater (3-6months). It's turned out great. A big thank you for the pattern :),
Kavita.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this pattern. I've only been crocheting for a few months and your instructions made this easy to make. Our family has 3 babies due in the next few months so i'll be kept busy making your wonderful creation for them all, thanks again

cats-rockin-crochet said...

cheers to all for your feed back, I'm glad you are happy with the pattern!

Celia said...

It's taken a wee while, but I've finally managed to finish an 18 month old version of this cardigan! Have posted brief instructions and linked back to your blog here: http://celiamakesstuff.wordpress.com/2012/06/10/crochet-toddler-cardigan/
Thanks for the pattern! :)

Pennelope said...

I just love the one piece wonder baby sweater/cardigan. It's the first baby sweater I've ever made
and I'm so proud of it. You make it so easy. I was also able to make the little booties too. Thank you for sharing your patterns. My new little great neice will look so sweet in it. I also made a baby
hat to go with the set. Wish I could post a picture of the set. They turned out great.
I love reading your blog too, very interesting.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Well done Celia!!!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thank you Penelope :)

jonesgirl said...

Thank you so much for this and the bootie pattern! You make it so so simple to follow! It's fantastic!

Shirley said...

I do crochet and sewing for a charity through our church. This is
a great pattern for sweaters and takes no time to make. Thank you
so much

cats-rockin-crochet said...

cheers Jonesgirl :)

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Well done Shirley, keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I am a novice but i made this thanks to your wonderful.instructions ..thanks so much for the pleasure you shared with us all ...

cats-rockin-crochet said...

You are very welcome and thank you for saying so, cheers Cat :)

woo144 said...

Thanks for this brilliant pattern, it is both quick and easy and i have made it in numerous colours. I have also adapted it and made it smaller and made some to donate to my local Special Care Baby Unit. Thanks once again

cats-rockin-crochet said...

woo144, You are very welcome and thank you for saying so, cheers Cat :)

rituvip said...

it's toooo pretty . your grand daughter is lucky .god bless your family

Val Andrews said...

I am very impressed with your concise pattern details. I will be eager to create a little sweater for a babe just born 6 hours ago! Also, this will be a great pattern to share with a friend I am encouraging to take up the hobby. Thank you!

Lois said...

Hi my for name is Lu short for Lois that I don't like, anyway im a begi nner this pattern is very easy to follow, although i wanted 2 colour's as the other 1 you show i started out with a yellow so i have it going up the front but if you start work with the other it looks as though it is backwards for the right side,but once i turn it insideout to sew will it will it still turn out??? and for the arms i wanted the yellow to continue over the sholders just as the neck so i guess i will have to tare it out as i have gotten the 19 dc done and thinking the start of the sleve is the neck am i right or could you send me pattern on 2 colours. thanks so much for your help and beautiful pattern Lu

cats-rockin-crochet said...

I made 8 sc of the cream then 1sc of the pink so I would not have to change the colors on a sc to a dc, thus hiding the color change as much as I could.Cheers Cat.

Anonymous said...

thanks so much - been looking for quick and easy stuff for babies - seems to be an awful lot of them this year and we're the designated "grandmas". brooksville, fl, usa karenb/fredw

annonymous said...

I just love this pattern and have made a few sweaters. Was wondering if you may have a pattern for a one piece for a baby boy? I found this pattern very simple and enjoy making it however its for girls and could use your help in anything you might have. TY Soozee

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Rule 1, there are no rules. You could sew it together the opposite way(inside out), or add an extra row for the buttons to be on the other side, cheers cat.

Anonymous said...

many thanks for sharing a great pattern. I found it via the bobwilson123 video --also great. I'm making a small version for my granddaughter's 14inch baby doll. Pattern is very easy to modify by simply doing less rows on fewer stitches and using thinner yarn. I'll post a photo and my modifications when I'm done. It would probably fit a preemie too.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Oh cheers would love to see it :)

Annie said...

Thank you for a lovely pattern :) I've never made anything beyond blankets and scarves before but made this pattern up in an evening (specifically my baby's due date!)...

http://familyswift.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/pa150014-800x600.jpg

x

cats-rockin-crochet said...

All the best to you Annie :)

Elizabeth Furlong said...

have u anymore cardigan patterns really love this

cats-rockin-crochet said...

sorry Elizabeth, only this one and the larger size, cheers Cat.

crochetah said...

Hello I loved the demonstration of this pattern... Thank you very much for sharing.
Wanda

Anonymous said...

Hello,thx for your sharing. Lovely & easy pattern for beginer. When will the larger size pattern avaible? Because I want to make one for my mother & one for my 4 years old nethew . Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

thank you for this pattern. It seems to be similar to one I made 30 plus years ago and have since lost all my patterns. We are expecting my first Great-grandson so have started crocheting again. Thank you again for the pattern it is super easy.

LindaJ said...

Hi, there. I just finished making your little sweater as part of a christening outfit. I had made a beautiful white blanket and wanted a sweater to go with it, so I went looking through the projects that I had marked in my favorites, and there was your sweater. It was such a joy to work and only took me two days to complete. Thanks for sharing your patterns with us.

Linda Mathy
a/k/a LindaJ52

Anonymous said...

i made this sweater and it turned out very nice. it did work out to a 3months to 6month size. what about a newborn size? i am using baby sport yarn by bernat to get a smaller size. pattern was easy to follow

Conni said...

OMG CAT! How clever you are! Honestly, I've never seen a pattern I loved as much as this one! Last year I made Preemie Hats for the NICU for a local Hospital and would like to make up some Sweaters using your Pattern to donate. I love working in FP and BP which I've done so many other things using this style so this is right up my alley! THANK YOU for such a wonderful gift. You are AMAZING!
Conni from Chicago!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

It's so wonderful to receive all of your feed back, thank you all so much, cheers Cat.

Twirly said...

Have just finished my first attempt at this lovely pattern. I used a heavier Aran wool and it is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing. I am in uk so had to remember which stitches to use. Even so it was so easy...
Janey from uk (crocheting for just 18 months)

Anonymous said...

Thia is so easy to do. Thank you so much for sharing

Anonymous said...

I made this,very easy. https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/11387_4986162945105_1338444437_n.jpg

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Simply gorgeous! Well done and thanks for sharing your picture, cheers Cat.

Rashelle said...

This is cute =D I'd like to see something like this in an adult size version if possible? The way that it is done in one piece.

Yvette said...

Is there a link to PDF of this pattern please?

Cathy Wood said...

no there is not, so sorry, but you can copy and paste to a word doc.

Susanne said...

I love this pattern. I am about halfway through making it. I am not great at working with the lighter yarn, so if I use heavier yarn and a smaller hook, do you think that would work out the same? I will try that after this one is done. Thanks for a wonderful pattern.

Cathy Wood said...

You can always try that way Susanne, I'm not sure what yarn you will be working with, but I think once you have finished the one you are working on it will give you some idea, cheers Cat :)

Tippy said...

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions and the video. I did not think I could crochet an item so beautifully. I am on my way now thanks to you.

Evie

Collette Griffith said...

I love your pattern, but could you please tell me how to print it out without the colored background behind the instructions? it takes WAY too much ink to print it out! Thanks!

Cathy Wood said...

copy and paste to a word document.

Larzi said...

LOVE this pattern. Just recently found out I was pregnant! In my mid thirties and never thought it would happen!!! Woohoo. Anyway. Made a tiny little jacket as a sample to test out the pattern and loved it. The thread was tiny so it's more of a premmie size. Started some more with bigger yarn. I also go to thinking about an adult size of this. So I started making conversions, so far it's working out well. When it's finished I'll let you know what conversions I made. :)

Cathy Wood said...

Yay Larzi! I'm so happy for you. Lots of people would love to see conversions for the larger size, you rock!

vivacious305200 in NH. said...

Cat, thanks for posting this pattern. i'm gonna try making this a swirl pattern cardi to match a swirl hat pattern i found on internet. wish me luck! lol! thanks again!

Anonymous said...

I just finished making the newborn size in green I have made a 4 leaf clover for the back and a small one for the front..Happy St. Paddy's Day ...Love the pattern...going to try and make an adult size...love that it is worked as 1 piece!!

Cathy Wood said...

Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all! Thanks for the feed back I take notice of it all, cheers Cat.

deejay said...

I have been looking and looking for a sweater and voila here it is . I made your booties which were adorable. Reading the comments it sounds like some fairly new crocheters didn't find it difficult so I shall try. Will I have to watch for any changes in the UK version? Such as DC meaning something different in Canada? The booties were fine so am assuming the sweater will be. Thank you so much for sharing. Thought you would like to know that I am a volunteer knitter for a programme called "out of the Cold" . I didn't get much done last year because of poor health but have 4pair of socks knit so far and will keep on going for next winter. I find that at 80 it is wonderful to be learning new crafts. I have crocheted a lot of afghans but haven't tried baby articles as I didn't feel I would be able to understand the instructions. I decided I had better stop that way of thinking and learn. As you say in the UK Cheers from Canada.

Cathy Wood said...

Deejay, you are wonderful, the crochet terms used are US terms, so you will not have any trouble with the st's. If you made the booties and crochet Afghans you can conquer this, thank you for your lovely comment, I will be looking out for you, cheers Cat xxoo

deejay said...

First of all I apologize for thinking you re from the UK. As soon as I watched the video and heard your voice I knew I had goofed. Thank you for the wonderful tutorial. You put so much work into it. I have started it but without the video I would have have been mixed up about the way the sweater was going. I thought I was starting at the bottom and couldn't figure out what the narrow part was (sc). DUH!! I am straightened out now.

Cathy Wood said...

Deejay, no need to apologize, yes I am from Australia, I wrote the pattern, but a wonderful fellow Australian made the video instructions, I've never met her, but we have teamed up on a few of my patterns for her to record as a visual tutorial, I'm so glad that you are able to get going on the sweater, the booties and this matching sweater are 2 of my most popular patterns. If there is any chance that you may be on facebook, or if you can email me a picture, I would love to see what you made, cheers Cat xxoo

Dorothy Atkinson said...

Hi, it's deejay again. I finished the cardigan and bootie to match. I have them posted on my timeline in FB. I really
Enjoyed making it. I just finished an 18 month old size Sweetie Dress. It is so pretty.
Thank you so much for the wonderful pattern. Can you tell me where I find your blog?

Cathy Wood said...

thank you deejay, if you click on the heading, the name of the blog it will take you to the first page, thank you for letting me know, I'll try and find your picture :)

Private Private said...

Hello
I made 2 in the newborn size for my expected twin granddaughters, using G hook, Lion brand baby Soft Twinkle. I crocheted ties for closure of the garment. The finished garment seems small but that was my intention, and it does stretch.

I have never made or crocheted anything in my life, that's how good your instructions were!

I made one change for row 1 of the R sleeve, back, L sleeve and L front:
"row 1. 1 sc in next 9 sc, 1 trbl (not dc) in next 7 dc," etc.

Thank you!

Vitrine da Ale said...

hello! i´ve made sooooo many of this cardigans that i lost count, and i have so many friends who keep asking for the pattern, and i have a blog, i would like to ask you if i can translate this pattern to portuguese, beacuse I´m from Brasil, and put it in my blog, but telling everyone that´s your pattern, would you allowed it?
thanks!
Alessandra

Cathy Wood said...

Alessandra, I give you my permission to translate the pattern onto your blog. cheers all for the feed back. Cathy :)

irfanullah khan said...

thanks.your work is very beautiful and easy to understand, i am new in this field,i tried to make the one piece cardigan.
aamragul.

Anonymous said...

I wanted to make something unique for a shower, I made this sweater up in multiple yarns so there are 4 sizes for the next year. They turned out wonderfully. Thank you for the pattern

Ednor said...

Love how this works in one piece will be useing this pattern again.thank you.