Saturday, February 7, 2009

Crochet A Face Cloth

To crochet a face cloth you really need a nice soft cotton. I have used a soft cotton in all of the face cloths below. I buy lot's of left overs from other peoples stashes and I never knew up until recently what I was going to use this cotton stuff for. I am learning all of the time about different fibres and what they are better used for, the latest lessons have been about dish cloths and face cloths.
I know quite a bit about the different stitch patterns that are around and I just had to have a little think and do some research to find a st that I would like to use.
The latest st I have tried is the woven stitch and it is easy on the eye and also a soft grain for the face as a face cloth.
The first 2 face cloths which are made with the woven stitch and an 8 ply cotton, worked up very quick.

Woven stitch face cloth.

Woven stitch face cloth.

Mitired square face cloth.

Griddle/ Up and Down stitch face cloth.

Griddle/ Up and Down stitch face cloth.

The griddle stitch (up and down st) is an old favourite of mine, but I do prefer the woven stitch pattern in the first 2 face cloths. I found a couple of Illustrations on line that may help with the stitch patterns for you.



10 comments:

Sherryknit said...

The woven stitch is pretty cool looking. Plus I like the up and down too. Great Job!!!!!
All you need is fancy smelling soap and your all set. They make cute gifts. I saw one women made a little set in the same color. facecloth with scrunchie and soap saver. I think I saw it on Itsy.com. She was selling the set for $17.00. Do you still sell some of your stuff????

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Sherryknit, thank you, these are just practice for now. I may perfect the face washer then sell some, lol.
I plan to sell again this Winter, just need to stock pile and gather some fresh idea's.

how to crochet said...

Excellent...



how to crochet

cats-rockin-crochet said...

How to crochet, thank you once again, I might just have a poke around your blog.

tisme said...

Cats, are you alright? I am concerned about you in this heat and the terrible fires we are seeing on our TV.
Tammy
tisme

cats-rockin-crochet said...

tisme, yes I'm fine thank you, the fires have been close, but the worst one's are much further away.
Cats.

Crochet Guide said...

WOW! Its gorgeous.....I like it

How to Crochet

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Crochet Guide, thank you so much!

Cami said...

Love the woven stitch, I'm going to have to try that one. It looks great.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Cami, thanks for looking, it is an easy st to do, good luck with it.