Saturday, September 12, 2009

Finally Something To Show You All!

Remember in a previous blog post I asked you to guess what I was making? Well here it is. It's a cappuccino hat with saucer and choc chip cookies on the side.
This is the first picture I revealed for you to have a guess at what I was making. I made a basic beanie in a dc and added white fluffly yarn around the edges for the milk froth.

I completed a saucer, by making 2 pieces the same and sewed them onto a round piece of cardboard I cut to shape, then I added the rim you find on the under neath of a saucer, by crocheting over the top of the sc's in the saucer.

I used some pipe cleaners, twisted them together and made a sc cover to sew around the pipe cleaners for the handle.
Another view of the components I used.
So here is the hat and saucer seperate.

This is about where it will be sewed together.

Now it is sewed together.

Now the handle is attached with some choc chip cookies to go with your cuppa. Hope you have enjoyed this original and unique hat. I have made it especially for my step daughter who works part time in a coffee shop, the one who loves and wears all of my crazy hats.

9 comments:

Grandma L said...

How adorable!!! That took some real ingenuity. You have talent....

milanarukotvorine said...

Great Idea! Cool! Creative!

Therese said...

That is toooooo.... cute. I'm sure she will love to wear this hat. What a great idea, how creative.
Take care
Therese

Rachel G said...

you would have been blown away if someone HAD actually guessed that!

you are to clever!

DeLabores said...

congratulations!!!

Es muy bonito el gorro.
Saludos, Eva.

Let's Go Yarning said...

WOW this is so adorable now I'm hungry for cookies and milk. LOLOL

Great job Cathy

Happy Crocheting Joan,

Jamie said...

You are incredibly talented! Love the hat...so creative!

Crochet Princess Beth said...

I saw on the news about the red dust and my first thought was you! I hope you and your family are alright! When you get a minute, please let us know, ok?

P.S. I just LOVE the hat! So adorable!!! Hugs from Beth in Winchester, VA USA

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Hi to all, my DD wore this to the Coffee Shop she works in and it gave many a customer a smile on the day, you could say it was a big hit!