Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yarn from the states

No I am not telling a long story here, just thought I would share with you some pictures of some lovely yarn I have been sent from the US. It's all for charity, fire victims and fund raising for the fire brigade. Thank you for your generosity!
Below is some yarn from Octobermoon.

Below is some yarn from Rachel G.
Below is a left handed, crocheting cat that Rachel G made for me!

If you look closely at the yarn choice here in this beret, you will notice it is from the first lot of yarn I received from Octobermoon.

The pattern for this beret will soon be uploaded to my blog for free for all to use.

6 comments:

lilacanglia said...

Hi,
wow thats kind of them to send that much,
Love your little left handed cat,

Have you heard of freecycle.org,
its like a recycling site, cost nothing to join, and you could get some more yarn from there,

Hope this helps, and has not offended,
kind regards
Angie

cats-rockin-crochet said...

lilacanglia, oh no you have not offended me, what a great idea! Thank you so much.

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to get some free yarn for the Chemo Caps I make.. I have spent a lot of money on yarn so far! I often wish I won some yarn from the craft store. Good luck with the Fire Brigade!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Anonymous, it was a very generous act on behalf of those who sent me the yarn from the US, their postage cost's to Australia was around the $50 figure. They happen to be members of a knit and crochet board I am a member of, which is based in the US. They were very touched by the severe bush fires we had recently and they wanted to help me with my venture to either donate to the fire victims or raise money for more fire trucks. I just do all the crocheting and will dedicate one year of my time to crochet for the cause.
I'm sure if you asked around you may receive some free yarn for your chemo caps, you are doing a great and unselfish thing making the chemo caps, good on ya!

Rachel G said...

Though the postage was probably more than the worth of the yarn it was worth it to know it's going directly into the hands of somone who is putting it to the intended purpous. I am always leary of foreigh aid projects because you don't know waht is going to overhead. Also AU sent the U.S. quite a bit of aid when we had to deal with Katrina. Though it didn't affect me it's still a good thing to return the gesture.

And if you put out a notcie and asked you may be suprised what you might come up with.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Rachel G, thanks Rachel for your comment and generosity.