Sunday, February 15, 2009

Second Froggy Hat For Aaron

You may remember this post here, the first hat I made was too small. I tried it on my grandsons and it was the right size for my one year old grandson and Aaron is 3 years old. So I went back to the drawing board and made a second one to fit Aaron. Being the second time around it was much quicker to make the features and I also used (US) dc instead of the original sc. So now they are ready to make their way to the US for little Aaron. I'm hoping Aaron may have a favourite Teddy Bear he can put the smaller froggy hat on.

4 comments:

Islagringo said...

How clever and generous of you. I hope you get a tremendous response to your washcloth campaign also. I head up a charity here in Mexico that knits/crochets hats for the poor children who live in the mountain villages. So I know how generous people can be first hand.

The fire situation in Victoria has the world's attention and our heart's go out to all of you. Stay safe.

Therese said...

I love frogs. The hats are great.
He will love them.
Therese

Grandma Blog said...

Those little hats are adorable. I had the same problem trying to knit a stocking cap for a nephew. I was doing it by guess and by gosh and it turned out too small. He couldn't even get it on. I finally got it right.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Islagringo, thank you so much and good luck with your charity campaign too.

Therese, thank you and I'm sure they will be well received.

Grandma Blog, what is it they say? Measure twice and cut once. But once the hook is in the hand it's hard to stop. LOL.