Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My New Betty Boop Figurine

She's very cute and very blue, a gift from one of my daughters. But I really wanted to show you some progress shots of the collection of face cloths that are coming along. 11 of them are pictured below, whilst more are being made. The one's on the left were made by Shilo from Ravelry. Thanks for your assistance Shilo, much appreciated!betty boop figurine along side crochet face cloths
This is a lovely shiny pink cotton, supplied from Happy Peacock, another member from Ravelry. Thank you Happy Peacock! The pink cotton is making lovely face cloths.

crocheted face cloths
A crochet face cloth

9 comments:

Grandma Blog said...

Betty Boop rocks!!!!
I love the pink face cloth. My crochet hook has been busy too.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Hi Grandma, I'm a bit of a fan of Betty, I'm off to have a look at your blog to see what you have been up to.
Cheers Cat.

Islagringo said...

I admire you for what you are doing with your relief project. Takes a big heart to take on a project like this. Since I live in Mexico, I won't be sending you any facecloths but I wish you speeding crocheting!

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Islagringo, well that is very nice of you and I will take it on board to enhance my crochet speed. LOL.
Cheers Cat.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Islagringo, well that is very nice of you and I will take it on board to enhance my crochet speed. LOL.
Cheers Cat.

Anonymous said...

Gee Cat, you have a really special daughter there. I hope you spoil her lots and I'm sure she loves your cooking and misses her dinner now that she is geting home very late every night after organising the fundraiser/

From mystery person... TEA :)

Sherryknit said...

Face clothes ARE WAY COOL!!!
But PINK makes it Awesome.
Have you tryed to use any yet?????
I gave the little set of pinks to my mom. She loved it.

Let's Go Yarning said...

Wow Cat I love all your all your pretty face cloth. They would make a pretty crochet item to add in a goodie baskets for a specail gift.Also my daughter is a big Betty Boop Fan.Keep up the awesome crocheting
Joan,

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Anonymous, yes I do have a lovely daughter to spoil me that way.

Sherryknit, once I stop making them fo the fire appeal, I'll be sure to make myself some, they feel so soft.

HI Joan, yes I have a soft spot for betty boop, once I put all the face cloths together, I'll be sure to put up a post about them.