Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Below are some great links for dish cloths.
dish cloth mania lotshttp://dishandwashclothmania.com/cloths-crochet/
Includes recycled plarn in the centre for a scrubbie.http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2008/07/03/sunshine-dishcloth-with-scrubbie/
Monday, January 19, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
I thought I would add some plain yarn as well, to make crocheting with the crazy yarn a little easier.
It's simply, pineapple on pineapple to the length you want it.
I over crocheted the first and last pineapple to give it some more flair'. I'm not really sure if I like it though. I created something similar last year, with the pineapple's on the ends and (US) dc in between the pineapples.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Friday, January 9, 2009
And here is another poncho, the same as the one I made here.
Well I can blame it on the concussion I had just prior to christmas, or I can blame it on being busy with christmas and I could also blame it on this latest injury, which now has the stitches removed and it is almost healed.
Nice nails or nice speedy crochet?
Monday, January 5, 2009
Now I will begin to sew up the item.
Here I have done one sewing st, which included going over the tail.
Here I have progressed even more with the sewing up and also sewing over the tail.
I have almost reached the end of my tail, which will be out of site very soon. A tip is to slightly stretch your work through out the sewing up process, so the sewing is not too tight
You can see here where the tail has ended and I am now at the end of my sewing row, but it does not finish here.
To hide and re inforce your sewing ends, we are going back into the sewing we have just completed.
I have gone as far as I feel I need to here.
Now I am going in the reverse direction once again, for more re inforcement.
I am now satisfied with the re inforcement and will just snip off the yarn.
Here it is all finished and no tails or ends to be seen and not a knot was used!
Saturday, January 3, 2009
I now have a collar, cuff's and the border. I love how the designer designed the collar, but I had to change the cuffs and border, due to the different size yarn I was using. I just have to sew on the buttons.
This is from the original pattern designer I found at this site.
I have made one of these before, but in a different design from a different designer, you can view that one here with the link to the free pattern. It's the pink and white one.
Okay, here it is finally finished.