Tuesday, December 23, 2008

John Lennon Crochet Graph

Once again this year I made my brother-in-law Mal, some thing musical in crochet form for a christmas present. Last year it was the piano scarf. Knowing he liked, absolutely likes John Lennon, I thought I would try my hand at a crochet John Lennon graph. I did get the original idea from here. Mine does look different to the one at that site, it may have been due to the fact I took the picture and used knit pro' for the second time on the same picture, or it may have been my confusion on the different shades of grey that came out in the black and white graph. Any how it was a very big hit with my brother-in-law.
Below is before I finished the border.

I bought some dowel and painted it black for hanging.

This is just a size comparison with one of my bed socks, LOL.

When I was using the graph, I used sc for each square and when I finished each row, I coloured it in with a high lighter, so I knew where I had been. I made it with in a week at a few hours a night. It was enjoyable to see it come together.
I believe Mal' is going to have it framed.