Friday, October 17, 2008

The Blue Granny Square Design

I chose a granny square that was not too plain, not too open and one that I could add a splash of another colour to and make it about a 6 inch square, I needed 12 of them to achieve the design I visioned.
A close up of the square.
The granny square design came from the Crochet Inspirations Pattern Book. The 12 squares are now joined into a ring.

This is the border crocheted around the bottom.
This is a close up of the griddle st used above the granny squares.
Now this is what I made. A nice, made to fit summer top for myself! I crocheted from the top of the granny squares and upwards in the griddle st and tried it on as I went along, I did frog it once, but all in all it fits me very well, it even doubles as a very short dress, LOL.


This is the border pattern I used, I found it on the internet somewhere and did not save the link. My pattern is closer in as I used the space between the dc in the granny square to keep it even.