Thursday, August 14, 2008

Just a bit about my day

Today I went for a browse in the local op shop's, I was hoping to find some pillow case's and maybe a doona cover to cut up for rag crochet, the one's I did find were too stiff, so I came away without any (I do have some at home to use as yet), but I did find some little treasure's all for a $1 each, 3 balls of yarn , 2 packet's of sequence's, some nice cords and tassels, a belt and a grassed weaved edging, I am considering using this and the lovely belt for an edging around a rag bag.

My grandson Cooper loves to watch Toy Story, so I snapped up these slippers for him for $1, aren't they cute.
The post man came today also with my book's I ordered from Amazon about a week ago (quick), I still have another to come. They were both worth the buy, for under $20 a book.
I found these picture's on the internet, so you can have a preview of their content's.
Sensual Crochet Pattern Book


I love the one pictured below





This holiday pattern book is so cool, I can't wait for christmas!


8 comments:

Stramenda.com said...

Great op shopping !

And the Sensual Crochet book is fabulous !

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks for popping in stramenda.

kgirl said...

nice op shop score! looking forward to meeting you at the MP&BK meetup this Saturday ;)

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon.

sue said...

It is always nice to do a little op shopping. I went last Friday and found some dpns for $1.00. The crochet book does look really nice. What are you planning on making first.

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Thanks for popping in sue, I haven't a clue of what I will make first, I think I just like the idea of owning the books. I hate reading patterns, but it is usually the way to learn something new. I just have to keep browsing through them until I decide, I am waiting on the crochet inspirations pattern book, I have heard great things about that one.

laughing purple goldfish said...

well... you might not have found what you were looking for at the op shop... but you certainly didn't walk away empty handed... you did well!

the books look fabulous... I might need you to bring them along to our next catch up, if you don't mind

cats-rockin-crochet said...

Purple,I don't mind at all bringing them along, I love sharing. I'm enjoying your bag tutorial.