Monday, June 2, 2008

Button Mania

I bought this stash of buttons from Trash and Treasure for $3.00.


I'd say there is about 100 or so.


They were a little dirty and smelt.


I have washed them and they still smell, so they are now soaking in eucalyptus oil.


I am sitting quite a distance from them and I can smell them from here!


So I'm sure they'll come up a treat!




Just a few varieties


UPDATE!


So I cleaned the buttons and got them smelling nicer. The eucalyptus oil was not a good idea as it tended to melt the plastic on some buttons. I also got around to sorting them into coloured groups and I counted them. Guess how many? Well in total there was 436!


126 blue, 80 grey, 135 brown/red shades, 114 green and 81 black & assorted .

More of My Button Stash


1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Nice buy! Good that you managed to get the smell out too.

You've got some lovely patterns on here...now to just get to the end of my WIP pile!